Privacy & Data Policies
Who are we?
We (Business-Broadband.net) are a telecoms company based in Devon, serving business customers across the UK with top notch broadband, phone, web design, marketing and associated services at a great price.
What information do we collect?
We collect your personal details when you sign up for our services on our website or over the telephone.
We collect this information so that we can setup your service on the Plus.net network.
We do not sell your information to anybody.
What happens to the data you collect?
We provide the details to Plusnet so that they can set up your new service.
The Data is then destroyed, with a basic copy (Name, Address, Phone Number, Email) is kept in a digital encrypted database, so that Business-Broadbant.net can service account queries and support queries.
The Data Controller
The data controller is Business-Broadband.net
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They’re used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve visited the site before, so that you remain logged in – or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. They contain information about the use of your computer but don’t include personal information about you (they don’t store your name, for instance).
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies.
The cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit.
You can choose, below, not to allow cookies. If you do, we can’t guarantee that your experience with the Website will be as good as if you do allow cookies.
The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser – remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/ 32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/